Installing Zoom on Mac (Safari)
To install Zoom or Zoom Rooms on your Mac computer, you may need change your Security and Privacy settings to allow for apps downloaded from identified developers.
Permissions to Install
- Click on the Apple Icon at the top left corner of your screen. Choose System Preferences.
- Click on Security & Privacy.
- Click the lock icon at the bottom left to have access to make changes.
- Enter your computer administrator username and password.
- Change Allow apps downloaded from:, to App Store and identified developers.
Note: For Mac High Sierra (10.13.x), you will need to click on Allow too.
- Click the lock icon again to prevent any further changes.
Installing the Zoom application
- Visit the Download Center.
- Next to Zoom Client for Meetings, click Download.
- Open the downloaded file. It is typically saved to your Downloads folder.
- Follow the prompts to install the application on your computer.